Stuart Car Accident Lawyer
Experienced & Reputable Advocacy from Florida Car Accident Attorneys
No matter how an automobile accident occurs, the injuries suffered from a crash can have devastating consequences. The last thing you should have to worry about is dealing with insurance companies who might try to take advantage of your situation. As a Florida car accident lawyer, Lance P. Richard, P.A. is here to protect your rights as an injured person.
When the negligence of another person or business has caused you to suffer physical or emotional injury, you are entitled to receive compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning potential
- Past and future medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
As a Florida car accident lawyer, Lance P. Richard, P.A. will take a closer look at your case and help you build a strong argument for damages. He works on a contingency fee basis, so there will not be any out-of-pocket costs as he works on your case. He also offers home or hospital visits for your convenience. Remember, our Stuart car accident lawyer works to help you get the compensation you need while you recover from the injuries you sustained.
Schedule an initial consultation by calling (772) 494-2599 with Lance P. Richard, P.A. to learn more about how he can help you sue for damages as a Florida car accident lawyer.
What Should You Do Following a Car Accident?
The immediate steps to take after a car accident are:
- Stop your vehicle in the safest place. Turn off the ignition. Get out carefully and determine if anyone is injured. Administer first aid if needed, but do not try to move an injured victim.
- Call 911. Report any injuries, and they will notify EMS.
- Move your vehicle to a safe place to prevent additional accidents. If your vehicle cannot be moved, turn on your hazard lights and ask the investigating officers to help you set flares until the vehicle can be towed.
- Document the names of the individuals at the scene of the accident.
- If you think the other driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs, insist on a breath test for the other driver.
- Cooperate with the police and other individuals involved, but never admit fault. You may be asked to show your insurance card, but do not reveal your coverage limits.
- If the other individual accepts responsibility for the accident, do not accept any money offered to you. By accepting money, you may give up your right to file a claim against the other driver, even if the damages are more extensive than you first thought.
- Never agree to ignore an accident, even if there appears to be no damage. You may find out later that there were hidden damages or injuries or that the other person has filed a lawsuit against you.
- Take pictures from various perspectives showing the damage, the position of vehicles, skid marks, and anything else documenting what happened.
- Call Lance P. Richard, P.A. immediately to get started on your case with a Florida car accident lawyer.
What Is Florida’s Rule of Comparative Negligence?
If one driver was completely at fault for the accident, they will be required to pay damages to the injured victim that covers medical bills, lost wages, and other losses suffered. However, if both you and the other driver shared some amount of fault, the court will award damages based on “pure comparative fault.” Under this rule, the damage award that you can receive as an injured victim will be the total damage award deducted by a percentage of your fault for the accident.
For example, if you were found to be 20% at fault for the collision due to a failure to fully stop, the damages you are eligible for in your case worth $10,000 will be the total damage award ($10,000) subtracted by your degree of fault ($2,000), which amounts to a final award of $8,000.
This comparative fault rule is applied in court cases and insurance claims, so insurance claims adjusters may look rigorously for evidence that you caused the crash in order to pay out a lower amount in damages.
Is It Worth Hiring an Attorney for a Car Accident?
If you or someone you love was injured in a serious car wreck, you may be trying to decide whether or not you need to hire a Stuart car accident attorney. In the long run, it may be worth it considering that an attorney will have the time to assess the details of your case and determine what legal options are available to help you seek compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Additionally, a car accident attorney will have experience negotiating with insurance companies and advocating on your behalf in court if necessary. A car accident lawyer can take care of all of this while you heal
What else can your car accident attorney do for you?
- Collect evidence of damages and liability
- Communicate with the other party’s insurance
- Organize your medical records and bills
- Communicate with your healthcare providers and doctors to obtain accurate records
- Negotiate an appropriate settlement with the insurance adjuster or defending attorney
- Question witnesses, present the evidence and your case in a way that proves liability and your damages
You shouldn't have to bear the financial burden and stress of a car accident that was not your fault. Hiring a skilled car accident lawyer can give you peace of mind and ensure that your rights are protected. Don't wait – contact our car accident attorneys in Stuart today to schedule a free consultation. Although we have helped numerous individuals struggling with pursuing compensation after a car accident, we make sure to give each case the individual attention that it requires for success.
Let Lance P. Richard, P.A., A Florida Car Accident Lawyer, Help You Sue for Damages
Some of the most common injuries associated with auto accidents include broken bones, lacerations, spinal cord injuries, TBIs, and whiplash. An accident caused by reckless behavior, whether it’s drunk driving, distracted driving, drowsy driving, or failing to obey road laws, could lead to a damage claim that can help you cover the costs of recovery and healing.
In order to secure damages, a car accident claim must be filed within four years of the date of the crash. The court will be unlikely to hear your case after this statute of limitations has elapsed. If the car accident resulted in someone’s death, family members can pursue a wrongful death claim to recover monetary compensation within two years of the date of the death.
Lance P. Richard, P.A. has an experienced legal support team led by a Stuart auto accident lawyer who is trusted by the local community. Attorney Richard has the experience, knowledge, and drive to aggressively handle any car accident matter. His extensive knowledge of the insurance industry strengthens his ability to maximize awards in the accident and injury cases he takes.
Contact Lance P. Richard, P.A. today to get started on your car accident claim with a Florida car accident lawyer and recover the damages you are owed.
Our WinsHelping You Get the Best Possible Result
No matter kind of accident you're dealing with, you need an attorney who has the experience and track record to achieve the best results for you and your family.
- $687,000 Motorcycle Accident
- $300,000 ER Malpractice
- $255,000 Dog Bite Injury
- $275,000 Boating Accident
- $475,000 Boating Accident
Client ReviewsCentered Around You, Driven by Results
When you hire Lance, you will never be alone. He is passionate about the success of his clients, remaining by their side from beginning to end. Although winning their case is his primary focus, it is also important to him that all his clients' needs are taken care of during the entire legal process. Read about how others feel about working with Lance.
“Compassionate and dedicated 100%!”- Melissa Messina
“Lance won’t quit till you get the results that you want.”- Donnie Sievers
“Absolutely awesome attorney.”- Amelia Deluna
“I can't say enough about Lance!”- Ariella Ela
“The outcome was better than anyone anticipated.”- Michael Boland
Let Lance Handle Your CaseStart With a Free Consultation Today
Lance has been helping people successfully navigate the complexities of the legal system for over 25 years. When you hire him, you don't just get an attorney, but a true partner who is committed to ensuring your best interest in passionately pursued. Contact us today - we'd love to hear how we might be able to help you through this difficult time.
Why Choose Lance?Quality Legal Representation You Can Count On
Over 25 Years of Experience
Have Successfully Handled High-Profile Cases
Highly Personalized Approach
Hundreds of People Helped