Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Stuart, FL
Representation for Injured Bikers
In Florida, the bicycle is legally defined as a vehicle. Bicyclists have the same rights to the roadways and must obey the same traffic laws as the operators of other vehicles. These laws include stopping for stop signs and red lights, riding with the flow of traffic, using lights at night, and yielding the right-of-way when entering a roadway.
It is up to bicyclists and motorists to treat each other with care and respect. Strict adherence to the law is the foundation for this respect.
Traffic Law Highlights
State bicycle regulations (see Section 316.2065, F.S.) include:
- A bicyclist must obey all traffic controls and signals.
- A bicyclist must use a fixed, regular seat for riding.
- No bicycle may be used to carry more persons at one time than the number for which it is designed or equipped.
- At least one hand must be kept on the handlebars while riding.
- Parents and guardians must not knowingly allow a child or minor ward to violate any provisions of this section.
- Every bicycle must be equipped with a brake or brakes that allow the rider to stop within 25 feet from a speed of 10 miles per hour on dry, level, clean pavement.
Common Injuries Resulting from Bicycle Accidents
Common injuries from Florida bicycle accidents include broken bones, sprains, spinal trauma, and traumatic brain injuries — even if the bicyclist was wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
Ultimately, if you or someone you love has been harmed in a bicycle accident, it is likely that you are suffering. Call Lance P. Richard, P.A. today at (772) 494-2599 to schedule a free initial consultation.
No matter kind of accident you're dealing with, you need an attorney who has the experience and track record to achieve the best results for you and your family.
- $475,000 Truck Accident
- $275,000 Boating Accident
- $255,000 Dog Bite Injury
- $475,000 Boating Accident
- $650,000 Auto Accident
When you hire Lance, you will never be alone. He is passionate about the success of his clients, remaining by their side from beginning to end. Although winning their case is his primary focus, it is also important to him that all his clients' needs are taken care of during the entire legal process. Read about how others feel about working with Lance.
“Compassionate and dedicated 100%!”- Melissa Messina
“Lance won’t quit till you get the results that you want.”- Donnie Sievers
“Absolutely awesome attorney.”- Amelia Deluna
“I can't say enough about Lance!”- Ariella Ela
“The outcome was better than anyone anticipated.”- Michael Boland
Lance has been helping people successfully navigate the complexities of the legal system for over 25 years. When you hire him, you don't just get an attorney, but a true partner who is committed to ensuring your best interest in passionately pursued. Contact us today - we'd love to hear how we might be able to help you through this difficult time.
Over 25 Years of Experience
Have Successfully Handled High-Profile Cases
Highly Personalized Approach
Hundreds of People Helped