Stuart Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Helping You Determine Fault & Claim Damages
The injuries motorcyclists suffer are serious. That's because there is less protection between the motorcyclist and the road. Injured motorcyclists also have to fight harder to get compensation from insurance companies. This is because motorcyclists have a bad reputation. If someone injured you while you were on the road, contact motorcycle accident lawyer Lance P. Richard, P.A. He has extensive knowledge of the evidence, procedure, and legal process necessary to determine fault in your motorcycle crash case.
Some of the most common injuries linked to motorcycle accidents include broken bones, TBIs, spinal cord injuries, fractures, and other issues. These can be painful and need extensive treatment. Whether your accident was due to reckless, distracted, drunk, or drowsy driving, you have rights. Lance P. Richard is a motorcycle accident lawyer in Stuart, FL. He knows the legal battles and challenges motorcyclists face. He is here to help you overcome them. If you do not act fast, you can lose evidence and witnesses can disappear. That means you receive less compensation for your injuries.
Contact Lance P. Richard, P.A. immediately to get started on your motorcycle accident case today.
Motorcyclist Laws and Liability
There are several rules and laws that motorcyclists must follow to legally ride, including:
- Safety course and skills test: Motorcyclists must complete a safety course. They also must pass the motorcycle knowledge and skills test.
- Maintaining both wheels on the ground: A motorcycle or moped must have wheels on the ground at all times.
- Wearing a helmet: Motorcyclists must wear a U.S. Department of Transportation-approved helmet. Otherwise, they must have insurance that pays at least $10,000 in medical benefits in a motorcycle accident.
- Good working condition: All motorcycles must be in good working order. They must have a working horn and brakes that work. They must also have a license plate tightly fitted onto the vehicle horizontally.
- No headset use: Motorcyclists cannot wear earbuds while riding unless one ear is free to hear the road. Bluetooth earbuds are allowed.
Like car accidents, Florida’s “comparative negligence” rules handle motorcycle accidents. This means the individual liable for the accident is the one who caused the crash. If you are partially at fault for the accident, you can still recover damages. If so, the percentage of your liability reduces the damage awarded.
Damages you may be eligible to recover from the liable party include monetary and non-monetary damages, such as medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and mental distress.
Four Things to Do Following a Motorcycle Accident
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, here are four tips for navigating the aftermath:
- Never leave the scene of the accident: Even a minor fender bender can cause damage and injury. It's best to stay at the scene of the motorcycle accident and follow these next steps.
- Call the police: A police officer will gather all the necessary information from the parties involved to properly document the facts of the motorcycle accident. The police create an official record of what happened to determine fault. It is also important to provide the necessary information to the police. Refrain from making any additional statements until you consult with your lawyer.
- Gather all the relevant personal information: While the police will gather information from all the parties involved, you should work on gathering the following personal information: a) names and contact information of all the parties involved in the accident (e.g. telephone numbers, addresses, email addresses); b) driver’s license and license plate numbers of all the parties involved; c) names and contact information of any witnesses to the motorcycle accident; and d) pictures, with the date and time, of the vehicles and motorcycles involved in the accident.
- See a doctor: If you are hurt, go to the hospital immediately. Consult a licensed medical professional to document any injuries from the accident. Relatively minor accidents can still result in severe injuries requiring hospitalization, doctor’s visits, physical therapy, and surgery. That can leave you significant medical costs that you may be able to claim from the liable party.
As an injured victim, you should not have to pay the price for another person’s negligent behavior. Do not wait to get the help you need regarding your legal claim following a motorcycle accident.
Contact Lance P. Richard, P.A. immediately to determine if you have a case for damages following your motorcycle crash.
Our WinsHelping You Get the Best Possible Result
No matter kind of accident you're dealing with, you need an attorney who has the experience and track record to achieve the best results for you and your family.
- $687,000 Motorcycle Accident
- $300,000 ER Malpractice
- $255,000 Dog Bite Injury
- $275,000 Boating Accident
- $475,000 Boating Accident
Client ReviewsCentered Around You, Driven by Results
When you hire Lance, you will never be alone. He is passionate about the success of his clients, remaining by their side from beginning to end. Although winning their case is his primary focus, it is also important to him that all his clients' needs are taken care of during the entire legal process. Read about how others feel about working with Lance.
“Compassionate and dedicated 100%!”- Melissa Messina
“Lance won’t quit till you get the results that you want.”- Donnie Sievers
“Absolutely awesome attorney.”- Amelia Deluna
“I can't say enough about Lance!”- Ariella Ela
“The outcome was better than anyone anticipated.”- Michael Boland
Let Lance Handle Your CaseStart With a Free Consultation Today
Lance has been helping people successfully navigate the complexities of the legal system for over 25 years. When you hire him, you don't just get an attorney, but a true partner who is committed to ensuring your best interest in passionately pursued. Contact us today - we'd love to hear how we might be able to help you through this difficult time.
Why Choose Lance?Quality Legal Representation You Can Count On
Over 25 Years of Experience
Have Successfully Handled High-Profile Cases
Highly Personalized Approach
Hundreds of People Helped